Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Q&A With A Miss Universe

Here is an excerpt from an interview I did with former Miss Universe and current Ballet Philippines President, Margie Moran.




Moran has a list of accomplishments that is as long as it is varied. "I've become Miss Universe, I completed a master's degree in Rural Development, I did a TV show, I did a movie, I published two books, I  produced  a documentary, I was in the hospitality industry, I worked in advertising, I worked in the arts, I worked with the poor... my spectrum is complete!" Moran enthuses.

All of this is remarkable, given that Moran was just 19 when success came knocking at her door. We've heard of one too many young people these days who've risen fast and fallen faster.

Moran credits her family for keeping her on the right track. "I had to promise my father that I would finish college. Because when I won Miss Universe, I was only in first year college. I think education is very important in giving you the foundation of a good future. So I finished college. And many, many years after I took my masters as well, in rural development from the University of London," she shares.

That she has led a good, full, and we can even say, charmed,  life is an understatement. But Moran takes it all in stride. She has the relaxed confidence and  easy grace, of a woman who has indeed learned to reign in her universe.

Aside from the many roles that she has played over the years, there is one more that she can't wait to fulfill. "The only thing I'm looking forward to now is having a grandchild," she laughs. Good thing her elder daughter, Monica, is getting married next year.


"I hope it's soon, " Moran smiles. "I don't want to be an old grandma."

 View the whole article by clicking this link. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...